Day 2 Thursday 30th November – Dead Sea – Eilat
Visit Masada, Qumran float on the Dead Sea overnight Eilat
Day 3 Friday 1st December Eilat – Mt Sinai
Day at leisure in Eilat At 20:00 pm – Pick up from your hotel and transfer to Taba Border & proceed with an assisted border crossing on the Israeli side. Cross to the Egyptian side & meet with the tour guide.21.00 pm – Drive via Sinai Red Sea Coast to Saint Catherine Village.
Day 4 Saturday 2nd Decemebr Mt Sinai – Éclat
02:00 am – Coffee, refresh & comfort break at Saint Catherine Village
02:30 am – Begin ascending Mount Sinai
09:00 am – Back at Saint Catherine, breakfast
11:00 am – Drive to Nuweiba Coastal Oasis for lunch break – included
15:00 pm – Leave Nuweiba to Taba border
16:00 pm – Cross back to Eilat-Israel. Transfer to your hotels.
Day 5 Sunday 3rd December Jerusalem
Full day sightseeing Begin the day’s tour on the Mount of Olives for a breathtaking view of the entire city. See Bethpage, Chapel of the Ascension, Pater Noster Church. Walk down the traditional Palm Sunday route to, Dominus Flevit, the Church of All Nations and the Garden of Gethsemane. Enter in Old City through St Stephen’s Gate, see Pool of Bethesda (Pool of the Five Porches) & St Anne’s Church. Onwards to Flagellation, Sisters of Zion, Ecce Homo Church, walk the Via Dolorosa and enter the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Dinner and overnight in Jerusalem
Day 6 Monday 4th December City Tour of Jerusalem
Start the day at Mount Zion see David’s Tomb and the Site of the Upper Room. Then to the fabulous Saint-Peter-in-Gallicantu Church, which is built in the slopes of mount Zion. It was built in 1931. According to tradition, this was the place of the palace of high priest Caiaphas, where Jesus was brought to jail after his arrest. Its name (Gallicantu, means the cock’s crow) is given after the story of Peter’s triple denial of Christ and the cock crowing twice. Onwards to the Israel Museum & Shrine of the Book, where there’s a huge model of how Jerusalem looked in Jesus’ day & where the Dead Sea Scrolls are kept. End the day with a visit to the Garden Tomb. Overnight at the Dead Sea
Day 7 Tuesday 5th December Bethlehem
Morning visit to Bethlehem – afternoon at leisure – overnight Jerusalem
Day 8 Wednesday 6th December Jerusalem – London
Departure transfer to airport
*Itinerary hours above are for a time frame perspective only & are not in any way binding
♦ Participants must be in good health & physically capable to climb the Mountain.
♦ In case of Snow on the summit, the climb will be only to Elijah’s pass & Mount Horeb.
♦ November to March – very cold on the mountain & may Snow!
♦ Warm clothes during winter months (Monastery at elevation over 4,000 ft)
♦ Itinerary may change without prior notice, subject to Egyptian authorities and regulations.
Bring along: Passport, $45 in cash for border taxes, sunscreen lotion, hat, comfortable walking shoes, warm clothes, swim suit & towel (for Red Sea swim at the end of the day)
♦ On Fridays, Sundays, Muslim & Greek Orthodox Holidays the Monastery is closed.
♦ The Monastery is open for visitors only between 09:00 am to 12:00 noon
♦ A camel ride up the mountain should cost no more than $20- prepare to bargain with the Bedouins!
♦ Modest clothing required for entering the Monastery
Border Crossing Formalities & Visa
* Most nationalities do not need an entry visa to Sinai when staying less than 7 days in the Sinai
* Passport must be valid for minimum 4 months ahead of your scheduled entry to Jordan
* Egyptian authorities do not permit weapons, ammunition & pornography of any kind across the border!!
1. This tour is heavily subsidised and only clergy; lay leaders and church leaders/workers who have every intention of one day leading their own pilgrimage group should apply.
2. The cost of this tour is £410.00 per person sharing a twin bedded room + £270.00 airline imposed surcharges and airports departures taxes + £2.50 CAA levy.
3. Very few single rooms are available at a supplement of £130.00. After our allocation of single rooms has been filled – The supplement will increase to £250.00
4. Subject to availability, you may bring a spouse or companion to share your room at a supplement of £185.00 (in addition to the basic cost see point 2)
5. Only one representative for each church is allowed.
6. For those who require a visa to enter Israel – you will require DOUBLE ENTRY