Pilgrimage Tours Portugal
Portugal attracts millions of visitors every year, with so many alternative tourist sites to see along with the sunny climate, it is obvious why it is such a tourist hotspot. If you wanted to try a new adventure with a group of like-minded people when why not join us on one of our pilgrim tours. A pilgrim tour allows you to immerse yourself in the culture, try new activities and meet worshippers from all walks of life.
We have considerable experience in organising pilgrimage tours and have a number of scheduled departures over the year.
Portugal is famous for its religious sites:
- Jeronimos Monastery, Lisbon
- Covent of Christ, Tomar
- Bom Jesus do Monte, Braga
- Batalha Monastery, Batalha
- Igreja de Sao Roque, Lisbon
Lady of Fatima is the fourth biggest Catholic pilgrimage site in the world. It is located in the Centre of Portugal and is most well known for being home to one of the most important Catholic shrines in the World dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
Millions of pilgrims and tourists worldwide visit Portugal to see the famous Fatima’s sanctuary.
There are often large torch-lit ceremonies in the evening which are definitely worth a watch. These processions typically take place between May and October on pilgrimage days and are led by Bishops or other religious leaders.
In the sanctuary of Our Lady Fatima, it is well worth visiting the following three religious sites:
- Chapel of the Apparitions
- Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima
- Basilica of the Holy Trinity
Please see below some helpful information on what you need to know when visiting Portugal:
- Population: 11M
- Languages spoken: Portuguese & English
- Main tourist centres: Lisbon, Fatima, Algarve & Madeira
- Main Airports: Lisbon, Porto, Faro & Funchal
- Currency: Euro: 1 = 100cents
- Visa Requirements: None whilst we are members of the EU for UK citizens
- Health: You should have an EHIC card
- Gratuities: Taxis & restaurants 10%
- Time: GMT
- Driving: Drive on the right-hand side
- International dialling code: 00 351
- Climate: Portugal is classified as Csb climate; a warm temperate moist forest climate, with wet winters, dry summers and the warmest month above 22°C on average
Contact ITS Pilgrimages to arrange a religious pilgrimage tour in Italy today
Here at ITS Pilgrimages, we do everything we can so you can enjoy a truly one-off experience when you visit Portugal on a religious tour. We believe in everything we do and are very passionate about the quality of our tours, so please contact us if you are a church leader or an individual that wants to book one of our religious pilgrimages.
You can find out more information about our Catholic or Christian pilgrimages to Portugal by contacting us today or calling us on 0161 839 1111.