Pilgrimage Tours Turkey
If Turkey has always been on your bucket list of destinations to visit, then why not try one of our spiritual pilgrimage tours in Turkey. Pilgrim tours are not only a way to rekindle your spirituality and deepen your knowledge of religion; they can also be an exciting, new adventure where you have the opportunity to meet a number of like-minded people.
Here at ITS Travel, we are highly experienced in creating the ideal religious tour for you. We will work closely with church leaders and travellers to provide the best spiritual tour of Turkey. This is a once in a lifetime experience which would be a shame to miss.
The majority of Turkey’s citizens are nominally Muslims, most of which recognise the standard Islamic creed and duties.
Some Islamic Turks will either fast or make a pilgrimage to Mecca. The annual Hajj is one of the pillars of Islam. To participate in this pilgrim journey, millions flock to Mecca which is regarded to be the holiest shrine in Islam.
People embark on pilgrimages for a number of different reasons. It may be for spiritual reasons, or to reaffirm one’s faith or simply try something new, pilgrimage tours have the knowledge and expertise to ensure your experience is one you will not forget.
Here is all the information you need to know when travelling to Turkey:
- Population: 82M
- Languages spoken: Turkish & English
- Main tourist centres: Istanbul, Izmir, Turquoise coast
- Main Airports: Istanbul, & Izmir
- Currency: Turkish lira. 1 lira = 100 kurus
- Visa Requirements: Required Available online evisa.gov.tr
- Health: Private medical care is expensive – you must have fully comprehensive travel insurance
- Gratuities: Taxis & restaurants 10%
- Time: GMT + 3
- Driving: Drive on the right-hand side
- International dialling code: 00 90
- Climate: The coastal areas of Turkey bordering the Aegean Sea and the Mediterranean Sea have hot, dry summers with a Mediterranean climate, and mild to cool, wet winters. The coastal areas of Turkey bordering the Black Sea have a temperate Oceanic climate with warm, wet summers and cool to cold, wet winters
There are various pilgrim tours in Turkey for you and your parish to enjoy. If you are interested in correlating a unique pilgrim itinerary please contact us today, or call us on 0161 839 1111 we will be more than happy to help.